Home Heating Oil

Swallows

I have recently moved to a new house, can anyone tell me please what I should be paying for 1100 litres of kerosene. Bearing in mind the increase in oil what would be a reasonable price to pay.

I need to fill up this week!

One week ago I got a fill of 1200lts it cost 756.00. It had increased by 200euro since my fill in March 2005.

I paid €638 inclusive of VAT for 1000 ltrs a month ago. I didn't bother shopping around because the supplier knows the house and where the tank is so I dont need to be in when he arrives nor do I need to pay COD. Their price is usually reasonably competetive and I am willing to pay a little extra for this convenience anyway.

Perhaps you should each log your prices on the IrishFuelPrices if possible (not sure if it's closed for input at the moment?) just to keep it updated?

Thanks to everyone for replying. This gives me up to date information and tells me what to budget for. What a hike in price? I hope it comes down again or I will have to find an alternative to heat the house.

DOBBER22 said:
EMO OIL web calculator quotes E645

[broken link removed]

Yeah, found these guys gave me top price. Also, I didn't have to be in. Payed by credit card too.

Hopefully prices will cool further. I would think that oil competitive to (?) gas at the moment so I can't see the economic advantage of switching.

Back