'Holywell', Kilcoole, Co Wicklow (New Development)

I am not familiar with the Holywell development but I do have experience of living in a Kingscroft development for the last 3 and a half years. I have not been happy with standard of building work done in my house or the overall finish of our development.
I notice another poster who said her sister wanted to stick with Kingscroft when she bought again and I must admit I was amazed. Maybe we have been particularly unlucky but I would have to issue a warning. Be prepared for a hard slog when it comes to getting your house and development finished.
Maybe with the slowdown in construction the builders will try harder to satisfy their purchasers more than they have done in the past.

Hi - i live in the area and really like it so i have put a deposit down on a 4 bed. The development is really nice. The sea road is one of the nicest areas in Kilcoole. The houses are finished well too.

Other than Holywell, i suppose Woodstock is quite nice - only built about 4 or 5 years

Re: "Holywell"

I'm living in the Village yrs and i have to say it's great, quiet beach is lovely 4 walking sea rd is a lovely walk, I've never seen r heard of any trouble down there.. There is supposed 2 b an Irish school being built on kilcoole side of Charleslandin the near future, but u'd have 2 find out because ur kids could b married by the time it's actually built...
If U drink there's 3 pubs the one at the top of sea rd is lovely, The Breaches in the middle of the town is grand, the top 1..... mind U'r husband r 4 the men mind u'r wife, they don't hold back..

Other than that it's fine the rds and pathways r nearl finished I'd say by the end of this yr the village will look lovely.. [broken link removed]

HiI also live in Kilcoole originaly from Greystones. Bought a house in Woodstock about 3 years ago and love it. Kilcoole is a great little town with loads of potential.I work in Dublin and mostly drive to bray dart station but If you need to be in work for 9am the desiel train at 7:45am from kicoole is great. 5:25 from Connolly station back.Here is something everyone should be aware of. Wicklow County Council Plan for Kilcoole from 2008-20014. Everyone should read as this will impact the whole of Kicoole for the coming yearshttp://www.wicklow.ie/PUBLICATIONS/Planning/Kilcoole%20LAP/index.htmlOn Holywell the only thing I would be concerned about is that I heard their will be a main road running through this estate from the Industrial Esate near the new school that will link up with the roundabout in Charlesland...worth checking this with Wicklow County Council as I dont think the developers would be advertising this...hope this helps.

re Johns message and the road - there is a link road going through from the new school to the sea road. However in the medium term this is as far as it will go. In the long term, plans are to meet it with the lott lane and up to the old school beside the football pitch. However this will be really long term and will depend on the economic circumstances as land around it will not be zoned. Also houses are in the way to make this a straight road on the opposite side of the sea road and the Council have no interest in CPOs for roads of this nature given the amount of land they would have to purchase. The link road has been built by each individual developer.

We are waiting on the houses to be built and have been stung with the drop in price as now they are worth 80k less and our house still isnt built yet. Anyone else out there stung like us as the builder is refusing to discuss the matter until the house is built.

dont be fooled by the drop in the new house prices and hanging on.We tried this too but found when we went to sell our house it dropped by the same amount.If your selling second hand get out now and purchase the new house if you like it.Prices will pick back up and there is a lot of upgrading going on in village.as for the beach incident i have never heard anything like that.

I have lived in Kilcoole until recently and its not a bad place to live. Being clannish goes back 30 or 40 years when some of the locals, like other villages, may have resented “runners-in”. Now there are more “runners-in”, so there’s no problem now. Holywell looks a nice development but I wonder will it hold its value as it includes social housing and may be overpriced. Like other villages and towns there are areas around the village littered with bottles and cans. There is no public representative in the village that I know of, but minister Dick Roche has a clinic in the Breaches Pub once a month. There are more local authority housing than private developments in the village and the infrastructure does not evolve to the development that’s going on there. I have been a regular visitor to the car park and beach in Kilcoole for many years and have not heard of or experience any problems in the years I was there. The walk from the car park on sea road to the breaches is unique, and is ideal for dog owners. It’s also a great beach for fishing , competitions held every year. Whatever your decision, best of luck!!

Bumping this up.

We viewed a four bed detached yesterday. Price is now €395000.

[broken link removed]

Any thoughts? I'd love some feedback.

Back