Holiday Entitlements

Mr.Wonder

Hi all,
I currenly work shift 36hrs one week and 48 hrs the next week making my regular work week 42hrs??. I get 19.5 x 12hrs shifts holidays which includes 9 x 8hr bank holidays which we get as holidays rather than paid for as we work bank holidays too. What I am wondering is does this leave me getting less holiday hours than I am entitled to or is it right?
19.5 x 12 = 234hrs total holidays including bank holidays
234-72 = 162 hrs excluding bank holidays
Working hours = 42x52= 2184 hrs
using 8% rule:
2184 x 0.08= 174.72 which is 14.56 x 12hr shifts without bank holidays??

Can anyone clarify for me please????

As you are not working part-time, you are entitled to full statuatory holidays, I do not get the point of all the figures.

I work 37.5 hours a week, 45 weeks a year, and get 7 weeks off (10 Days pub., bank holidays, 25 days holidays).

The reason for the figures is that i was trying to explain the amount of hours worked versus the amount of holidays received. Was just wondering if there is an hours worked versus holiday hours ratio as there is with the part time 6% rule. i.e My normal week including compulsory overtime is 42 hrs so do I get an entitlement to holidays based on 42 hrs per week or 39 hrs per week??

No,

Not unless it states so in your terms/conditions.

I do a lot of overtime, but this has no bearing on my holiday entitlement.

Hi Mr.Wonder,

Employees who work more than 117hrs/month earn holidays at a rate of one third of a working week per month worked. As you work on average 3.5 days a week you are entitled to 1.1666recurring days per month worked. This equates to approx. 14 shift days per annum. If your figures are correct then your employer owes you an extra 6hrs holidays per year. I'm all for fighting for what you are legally entitled to but I think it would be slightly over the top in this case.

I got the above info from http://www.entemp.ie/employment/rights/holidays.htm

Zapa.

Back