Holiday entitlement

Just to confirm if a person works full time for 4 days a week on an eight hour a day 32 week basis what would their holiday entitlement be for the year.

The agreement to have a Friday off is mutual, i beleive that it is standard that 8% of you total amount of hours worked (according to Comhairle)for the year would be your holiday entitlement.

4 days or 32 Hours per week
4 x 52 weeks is 208 days
8% of 208 is = 16.64 days

The person has been in employment for over 10 years but is currently getting 3 weeks off each year 15 days , but the employer is counting the Friday as a holiday day so they are only getting 12 working days off. As they only work days normally.
If this is the case based on my sums above they should be entitled to 16.64 days and retrospectively it is also 4.64 days per year for the last 10 years outstanding.

Hi 90210,

Your calculations look correct to me. Just a few questions to clarify.

Is the person paid on an hourly basis or is the person on an annual salary? When they are on annual leave at what rate are they paid (per day or per hour)?

Im not sure whether you can claim annual leave retrospectively (ie more than a year back). Is the person a member of a trade union?

ajapale

Thats Ajapale

They get paid on an annual salary and they are not a member of a trade union , they work as a retail shop assistant in a privately owned single retail business.

The retrospective holiday aspect is a sticky one but her holiday entitlements were given to her by her employer , no contract to fall back on so it goes to the Working time Act i presume.

But she is no too hung up on what she has lost but could use it in her salary negotiation or redundancy package depending on how her boss takes it.

Back