Health Insurance Hi tech cover plans with excess/shortfalls

messyleo

Hi there
I am looking for a plan that includes access to hi tech hospitals but with a shortfall or excess - I just want to be able to get access to these if necessary but hopefully it is unlikely (I am in my early 30s). I have quite a high level plan with VHI at the moment but need to downgrade.

Have been looking at Laya Flex 250 Explore and Laya Simply Connect (can't find the latter on the laya website but it is listed on HIA - is it an old plan or still available?)

I don't really see any options around this price bracket (800-1200) with other insurers that offer hi tech coverage like this? There are so many plans that it gets very confusing!
Leaning towards the simply connect from Laya at the moment as the €1 outpatients cover would be a bonus.
I presume the price quotes on the HIA website include the tax relief at source already?

Thanks in advance
Also, snowyb have spent ages reading this forum and your posts are amazingly helpful! Thanks :)

Hi gravitygirl,

Laya Simply Connect is a fairly new corporate plan and is still available, you just have to ask for it, its not listed on Laya's website.
The prices on the HIA website include the tax relief.
Note there is a 3% charge with Laya if you pay by installments.

Both plans are good options but Simply Connect is worth the extra if you can afford it.

Regards, Snowyb

Excellent, thanks snowyb. I will ring them and ask for more information on it so, looks like the best option for me.

From the Laya website tonight 12/9/2015
Your Insurance is provided by Elips Insurance Limited trading as Laya Healthcare.
Laya Healthcare Limited, trading as Laya Healthcare, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Laya Healthcare Limited acts as an agent for healthcare products for Elips Insurance Limited and is a private company limited by shares registered in Ireland, No 242048. The registered office of Laya Healthcare Limited is Eastgate Road, Eastgate Business Park, Little Island, Co. Cork, T45 E181. Your Life Insurance is provided by IptiQ Life SA. Laya Healthcare Limited trading as Laya Life is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Travel insurance provided by ACE insurance group limited.

Those of you that are still awake at this late hour will see the same business name for two different companies.

I queried this with the CRO in Oct 2013

This is the answer:
"It is perfectly legal for a Limited Company to have one or more trading as
name, in catering a Limited company might own a number of pubs, these will
all be registered as trading names to the Limited company thus limiting any
liability should the issue arise."

Which of course is not the issue here.

Now back in October 2013:
this additional bit was on the Laya webpage:
Elips Insurance Limited is authorised by the Financial Markets Authority in
Liechtenstein and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland for the conduct
of business rules.
Elips Insurance Limited is registered in Liechtenstein under Company number
FL-0002.384.577-7 and the registered office is Bartlegroschstr. 5, 9490
Vaduz, Liechtenstein.

I asked the CB and Laya about it and the response by Laya was to drop this bit off the website.

So my question remains, where is Elips authorised, because authorising is the importnat bit, reserves wise.

In case you are wondering why I ask:

Setanta Insurance was authorised in Malta: last time I looked its collapse is costing Irish Motor Insured Joe&Jane euro 90 mill
http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0904/725670-motor-insurance-bureau/

Back