Help with SIPP and workplace pension

Si_4656

Hello,

I need some help. I am enrolled in a workplace pension and have several pots from previous employers. I am an additional rate payer so therefore my annual contributions to my workplace pension is £10k due to tax relief taper. I am at the 10k limit and would like to boost my future pension income and considering a private/SIPP to go alongside my workplace pots.

I am struggling to understand if I would be entitled to tax relief on a SIPP/private pension also given I am at the tax relief limit for my workplace scheme. I have read about £250 relief payments etc for additional rate payers but I am confused.

So the question is - would I receive any tax relief if I opened a SIPP and payed into it if I am already at my tax relief limit of 10k in my work place sheme?

If I cannot receive the tax relief because I have used it in my workplace scheme does anyone have suggestions about how I can boost my pension pot/future income when I am limited by the 10k limit?

Many thanks in advance for any information

Are you in the UK? Askaboutmoney.com is an Irish site and most of the posters here are familiar with the Irish pension system.

Hi - I live in the U.K. and have a sipp and a nhs pension.

I don’t really understand what the 10k limit is?

Does this help you at all?

Do you do a self assessment tax return?

Back