Help Problem with gas overn

Danmo

Hi - Just moved into a house with a built in gas cooker. Was working fine until last week. It won't ignite and the (digital) clock is dead. The hob which is separate is working fine but there doesn't seem to be any gas getting into the cooker at all. I've logged a call with the company who said they would get an engineer to contact us. does anyone have any ideas in the meantime?? I am supposed to be cooking a roast dinner for the entire family next weekend....

If the clock is not working this would indicate that there is no power, check the trip switch (MCB) on the consumer board. Are any other sockets/ appliances affected? The oven may be plugged into a socket behind the unit, see if you can check the cartridge fuse on this plug, it may have blown. The plug may not be readily visible, have a good look around in the back of the units. Once you have power the gas flow may return- some modern cookers have an automatic gas shut off which will cut of gas supply if the electric ignitor will not ignite the gas. It's unlikely that the gas supply is at fault per se given that the hob is ok.

Thanks Carpenter

No fuse gone on fuse board
The cooker seems to be wired directly to a switch on the wall
Can only find plugs for extractor and fan
I know it's something small.....it's just finding it
I might starve waiting on the engineer to actually call!!

The oven should have a plug in lead (to power the ignitor/ clock etc) however you may have to actually remove the oven to get at the plug. It might be best to leave to the engineer, unless it was out of warranty, these things are fiddly enough to put in.

Back