Health Insurance

Teafor2

I am hoping someone might suggest a Health Insurance Policy that would cover possible heart problems as my blood pressure readings have gone way up recently and i will be seeking medical attention very soon. I am in my late 50s and have a basic insurance policy at the moment, ie 580 per year but want to get cover for possible heart condition later on, god forbid.
Thanks if anyone can suggest a plan.

Teafor2,

Welcome to AAM.
1. When is your renewal date?
2. What plan are you on at the moment and what health insurance company are you with?

Regards, Snowyb

You can switch to any Laya plan mid-year and at renewal date next year you can consider all 3 providers.
The following 3 Laya plans are worth considering. Cardiac is fully covered in all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals including Blackrock Clinic,
Mater Private and Beacon hospital. The main difference between each plan relates to the private/hi-tech excess charge payable on admission
to a private or hi-tech hospital. There is no excess to pay in any public hospital.
Note; There is no excess to pay for cardiac surgery/treatment in the 3 hi-tech hospitals(all based in Dublin). Other private hospitals will charge
the excess according to each individual plan. Plan details as follows;

1. Flex 500 Explore; price 838pa; surgery including cardiac covered in all public and private hospitals with a 500 private excess to pay per admission. Day case excess 150 per procedure in a private hospital. Cardiac surgery fully covered, no excess to pay, in 3 hi-tech hospitals - Blackrock Clinic, Mater Private and Beacon hospital. No excess to pay in any public hospital.

2. Essential Health 300; price 895pa; surgery including cardiac covered in all public and private hospitals with a 300 x 2 max private excess to
pay per admission. Day case excess 125 per procedure in a private hospital. Cardiac surgery fully covered, no excess to pay, in 3 hi-tech
hospitals - Blackrock Clinic, Mater Private and Beacon hospital. No excess to pay in any public hospital.

3. Simply Connect; price 1100pa; surgery including cardiac covered in all public and private hospitals with a 150 x 2 max excess for all
private admissions per year. Day case excess 50 per procedure. Cardiac surgery fully covered, no excess to pay, in 3 hi-tech hospitals -
Blackrock Clinic, Mater Private and Beacon hospital. No excess to pay in any public hospital.
There is also good day to day cover on this plan - 50% refund on gp visits, dental, consultant visits upto a max total refund of 500 per year.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Thank you very much for your reply Snowby.
I think that i will go for Simply Connect, more straightforward.
Regards,
teafor2

Back