Irish Life Health Health insurance renewal for adult and baby

Suzuki

Hello,
My insurance is up for renewal and I must decide on cover for my baby who was free on until now.

We're currently on Irish Life Health plan 05. I've been recommended BeFit 3 for myself which I prefer for enhanced day to day but works out the same price (both approx €1500) -as my current plan, while dearer, benefits from group discount.

I'm so confused for my daughter (under 1). I don't want to waste money on day to day or hospital cover she won't use (I read here that high tec don't take under 3s) but I'm a worrier and essentially want peace of mind for worst case scenarios. If I go with lower hospital cover now and she becomes sick would it limit my option to upgrade her in future due to preexisiting condition?

I've been suggested ILH Nurture (€160) or Select Plus (€178) for her but am not keen on the limited hospital access. I saw Laya Simply Connect recommended here (€260) and really like the cover of this plan if I can insure her alone.

Just wondering if I'm missing a trick. Is there any equivalent plan for myself with free child under 2? Or cheaper options for myself or her separately?

Many thanks

As your renewal date is 28 Feb 2017, you can avail of the VHI half price childrens offers upto and including 28 Feb.
Both options cover all 3 levels of hospital cover, public, private and hi-tech covered, no day to day cover but reduced premium is best value
where savings can be used for medical expenses.
When your child is three, there will be no waiting for hi-tech cover if required on either of these plans.

1. One + Plan; price 145pa; public, private and hi-tech hospital covered, excess 125.
2. One Plan Complete; price 164pa; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered. No excess on this plan.
[broken link removed]

VHI is the only provider that allows children to be insured without an adult. An adult is just named on the policy but just the child is insured.

As an extra option, if you want day to day cover included there is the option to add Healthsteps Silver onto the childs plan. Price 82 per year.
[broken link removed]

This extra option is something to keep in mind maybe when she's a little older.

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks so much for your help, really appreciate it. I'm going to go with the One Plan Complete looks good cover and works out much better value than my alternatives.

Many Thanks.

Back