Health Insurance Health Insurance and a child with DS

Another

Hi, I'm a long time lurker. I cover myself and the children with private health care. The policy is due for renewal in the next 3 weeks. I have 3 kids, 10, 7, and 4. The 7 y.o has DS, and I would like him to have a bit better cover than everybody else.
At the moment all the kids are covered by the VHI under "One Plan Family". I'm thinking if moving the 7 y.o onto "Family Plan Plus Level 1" or alternatively the ESB Staff Medical Provident Fund. Generally he is healthy but...........I want to be sure. Everybody lives in Ennis. Any ideas??

This is what I have - Me One Plan - 3 x children One Plan Family - €1,810.25, what I am looking at Me One Plan - 2 x children One Plan Family 1xchild Family Plan Plus Level 1.- €1,984.75. Can I do it better / as good and cheaper.

Last edited:
Another,

Laya Healthcare have a very good offer at the moment for children, where you pay for one child and the rest go free. This offer ends on 1st July 2015. My suggestion is to contact Laya and ask to renew from 30th June 2015 in order to avail of this offer. Laya are very good at accommodating this kind of thing.
The folowing plans are recommended for yourself and the children, both include good hospital cover and good day to day cover.

Adult plan,
Simply Connect, price 999 pa
Children's plan,
Flex 125 Choice, price 373 (pay for 1 child, the rest are free).
Total price, 1 373 pa.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Snowyb, thank you very much for your research. I apologise for the delay in getting back. Thank-you for your great suggestion

Back