Have I a case against Nat West?

Duke of Marmalade

I tried to withdraw my winnings from PaddyPower to my Ulster Bank account in NI. UB rejected the withdrawals as it is now policy to protect me from the likes of PP.
PP won't transfer the funds to my Irish account as they say the source of the bets was the UB account and they have some "loop" policy that says winnings have to go back to the source account.
So I can't access my winnings.
Have I a Nigel Farage type case against Nat West? :cool:

If they have a policy, my first reaction would be to ask them to share that policy with me and explain how they circulated and informed all of their customers of this new policy
2nd thing I'd be doing is asking for a copy of their complaints procedure

I wonder who Paddy Power bank with?

If they have a policy, my first reaction would be to ask them to share that policy with me and explain how they circulated and informed all of their customers of this new policy
Good point, after all they let me transfer funds to PP in the first place. I don't remember being informed of the new policy. You will hardly believe what the lady on the phone said to me "if you wait the policy will probably change". :mad:

You need to put your winnings on a long shot. If it loses, problem solved. If it wins, you can act the big shot when demanding your money back, especially if you start involving de mejia. You'd look a bit of a plonker kicking up a fuss for 50 euros.

The issue has now been sorted, Paddy finally agreed to transfer the funds to my Irish account.
The real point is how ridiculous for Ulster Bank, having facilitated the transfer to Paddy in November, reject, without warning, receiving the winnings in December because they want to protect me from harm :mad:

I tried to withdraw my winnings from PaddyPower to my Ulster Bank account in NI. UB rejected the withdrawals as it is now policy to protect me from the likes of PP.
PP won't transfer the funds to my Irish account as they say the source of the bets was the UB account and they have some "loop" policy that says winnings have to go back to the source account.
So I can't access my winnings.
Have I a Nigel Farage type case against Nat West? :cool:
Bolded bit. This happened my husband. He had to withdraw from PP as the country we live in banned online betting. He couldn't get the money out in the shop, and PP had some crazy rule about getting it back into the account where the money originated from. It took me about 2 hours of arguing and eventually threatening them for me to get the money back. PP did everything to avoid paying back.

Back