Have BTL up for sale and not sold

I have been in your predicament, end of the 9 Months approaching fast and not too many options .
Put it on Daft Advantage so it shows up in the first few search results . Number of views had increased dramatically.
An increase in views dId equate to a sale in my situation but its not always the case .
Action and intent are totally separate.
The Advantage for a month was €600 .

I often see people looking for short term rentals while renovations/ pirite works or between house moves so perhaps look to this market to rent to short term so at least you are getting some money in. Perhaps it might also be worth while taking it off the market for a bit. If buyers see a house for sale that goes sale agreed a few times but then it's back on the market it might make them warey,

In terms of selling your property, I would still question the EA on their plan of action. I visited a property with a friend of mine last week. He had contacted the EA 5 weeks previously without answers/acknowledgment before being invited to a viewing. While he viewed the property, he sent an email at the start of the week for a couple of additional pieces of information that he asked for during the viewing that the EA apparently didn't have at hand. The EA was supposed to come back to him after the viewing, but they didn't and have since not answered his email.

In terms of selling your property, I would still question the EA on their plan of action. I visited a property with a friend of mine last week. He had contacted the EA 5 weeks previously without answers/acknowledgment before being invited to a viewing. While he viewed the property, he sent an email at the start of the week for a couple of additional pieces of information that he asked for during the viewing that the EA apparently didn't have at hand. The EA was supposed to come back to him after the viewing, but they didn't and have since not answered his email.
Same. I've had nothing but nightmares with EAs since I started looking to move tbh. Make sure yours is actually entertaining all offers/enquries and not just fobbing you off because he has no interest or worse, a conflict of interest. I had a situation a while back where I was highest bidder on a place but EA sold to bidder below, and I found out after the fact that lower bidder was actually the local authority.
Not sure how common that is but just be careful he's not trying to lowball you for that reason!

I had a situation a while back where I was highest bidder on a place but EA sold to bidder below, and I found out after the fact that lower bidder was actually the local authority.
Not sure how common that is but just be careful he's not trying to lowball you for that reason!

Aren't EAs legally obliged to put all bids to the vendor?

He says he did but 'the vendor decided'.
That's quite common. LAs are often seen as a cleaner sale, there's no messing with chains or mortgage approvals that might disappear. The EA is hired by the vendor to represent their interest, they may have advised the vendor to take your offer but it is the vendors choice as to who they sell to.

With the market as it is, many vendors chose who they think will close the sale the quickest, and they are prepared to ignore significantly higher bids if they suspect there will be delays. When the time comes to sell property yourself, you will be thankful you can't be forced down a path you don't want to take.

When the time comes to sell property yourself, you will be thankful you can't be forced down a path you don't want to take.
Exactly. People tend to forget the term "by private treaty".

I'm going to be selling my house soon and will accept a bid a few per cent lower from a cash buyer over a mortgage-dependent buyer in a chain.

Reactions: Leo
That's quite common. LAs are often seen as a cleaner sale, there's no messing with chains or mortgage approvals that might disappear. The EA is hired by the vendor to represent their interest, they may have advised the vendor to take your offer but it is the vendors choice as to who they sell to.

With the market as it is, many vendors chose who they think will close the sale the quickest, and they are prepared to ignore significantly higher bids if they suspect there will be delays. When the time comes to sell property yourself, you will be thankful you can't be forced down a path you don't want to take.

With the new measures coming into legislation of landlords having to sell to the tenant, or failing that, to the council or an AHB, how will it work in practical terms. The landlord will still need a solicitor but will the EA or Auctioneer be out of the picture?

That would mean many EA's around the country will lose those sales and the commission. They were already affected by the RPZ's as fewer tenants were moving. If they lose more business surely that will that lead to job losses.

Also, if the state can legislate to restrict who a private citizen can sell their property to, is that not unconstitutional or something? Minister O'brien seems to think its a great idea but its a bit worrying. How can owners of more than a PPR be treated differently? Does that not mean they are being discriminated against and aren't citizens protected as regards what they do with private property?

EDit: sorry, if this is in the wrong thread please move.

With the new measures coming into legislation of landlords having to sell to the tenant, or failing that, to the council or an AHB, how will it work in practical terms. The landlord will still need a solicitor but will the EA or Auctioneer be out of the picture?
EAs are only required when putting the property on the open market. There will still be plenty of PPR and commercials sales so we needed worry about a few agents going hungry.

Also, if the state can legislate to restrict who a private citizen can sell their property to, is that not unconstitutional or something?
That's one for another thread alright.

Exactly. People tend to forget the term "by private treaty".

I'm going to be selling my house soon and will accept a bid a few per cent lower from a cash buyer over a mortgage-dependent buyer in a chain.
I was a cash buyer at the time, no mortgage or any chain, and found out after the fact that the agent had form for driving up offers to sell to the council at a certain price, so it left a v bad taste in my mouth because I was totally played.

Back