Hanging pot racks

billy-bob

I'm considering getting one of these (or something like it):

[broken link removed]

as I'm running out of space in my cupboards, and this looks like a good solution. But I'm a little worried about hanging it in my ceiling. Is there anything I need to consider when doing this? I'm thinking about the weight of the thing and all that...

Find the joists above the ceiling and place the fixings into these and you shouldn't have a problem. A Stud detector should help locating them.
Leo

I had one of these for a while- before I got rid of it! They look nice, especially with the strings of garlic and onions BUT the pots tend to accumulate dust and spiders/ flies etc, so you'll have to wash them before use. And with washing after each use you're doubling up on cleaning. Unless you want to display pots that you rarely use I wouldn't recommend it. It reminds me of when some pubs/ restaurants used to display their glasses in racks over the counter years ago- they had to get rid of them for hygiene reasons too.

Oh good point, Carpenter. Never thought of that. Okay, so can you recommend any other storage solutions, then?

Do you really need all the utensils/ stuff in your cupboards? We recently did a "spring clean" and found lots of surplus stuff we didn't need (plastic bowls/ colanders etc that have been made redundant by new stainless steel ones) cheap pots, pans and crockery. Plus all the stuff my wife and I had from our single days....Clean the lot and pack it away in the attic until you need to furnish your holiday home (smiley) or offer it to a student starting college/ someone setting up house......

Back