Handy - Revenue documentation to verify address - however a simpler process is possible

WizardDr

Revenue issue a lot of material and probably are the most integrated digitally of any enterprise.

My own view is that the industry around identification could be vastly simplified and improved by the use of PPSN number where one could 'verify' the PPSN number on line with address and a digital trail of who accessed it.

Before any of you GDPR fanatics jump up and down it would be well to note that Revenue participate in a VIES scheme where you can do exactly this for VAT Numbers but you don't get the telephone number.

You can verify that PPSNs and Names match on ROS if you have access to make Payroll Returns.

My own view is that the industry around identification could be vastly simplified and improved by the use of PPSN number where one could 'verify' the PPSN number on line with address and a digital trail of who accessed it.

You're assuming that the Dept. of Social Protection have accurate addresses for PPSNs.

In that Revenue document they are stating that you could use Revenue issued documentation for another purpose.

Revenue produces the documents listed above for a Revenue purpose. If the documentsare used for a non-Revenue purpose, for example to verify an address, the financialinstitution or third party should accept them as provided. Revenue staff are not in aposition to certify or stamp such documents for any external, non-Revenue, purpose andshould not do so.

The AML legislation is not prescriptive - these documents should be accepted.

Revenue share details with DSP - so while some may not be up to date same holds for VAT. Just how tolerant should we be of this? You don't throw a simplified system in the bin because of that. Incentive to get your DSP record up to date. Probably some ancient statuate of flogging if you don't.

The main point is the electronic verification of PPSN - @Towger I don't think that gives address - correct me if wrong.

Back