Guest tables for wedding

abbie

I'm getting married soon and was wondering does anyone have any suggestions as to what to put on the tables for guests and where I would get them - something nice, but nothing cheap or tacky looking.

I would say to save your money! Was at quite a few weddings where the couples went to the bother of creating beautiful scrolls with poems,sugared almonds,matches or candles and only a few of the guests ever bother with them! People seem to prefer a drink at the table or a top up of wine! We went down the free after dinner drink route and this was much appreciated and works out at roughly the same price!

fobs said:
I would say to save your money! Was at quite a few weddings where the couples went to the bother of creating beautiful scrolls with poems,sugared almonds,matches or candles and only a few of the guests ever bother with them! People seem to prefer a drink at the table or a top up of wine! We went down the free after dinner drink route and this was much appreciated and works out at roughly the same price!

I agree, please save us from the poems of true love etc and make with the booze

I agree with last two posts, save your money and guests cringing! Disposable cameras seem like a great idea, but any wedding that I was at they weren't fully utilised and then some guests espc. family, close friends prefer to take their own photos with their own cameras. People just want to enjoy the meal and the speeches they don't want to feel under compulsion to finish a roll of film they'll never see! Spend your money on a good wine and plenty of it.....

Would not bother with "favours" (thats the offical term folks:) ) if I were you. Most of them just get left behind at the end of the night. But if you really feel the need Lily O'Briens do a little box with 2 chocolates, the name of the Bride & Groom and the wedding date on them for about €1. Then people will eat them with their tea/coffee.

If you need any more inspiration for the big day check out www.weddingsonline.ie Theres a great forum over there;) . Have fun with the plans....its really is all worth it in the end

RainyDay said:
Most hotel tables are awful cheap & tacky looking, but it's all hidden away under a nice tablecloth - so no-one really cares about the table.

Thanks for all your opinions (well most of yours) - much appreciated.

Rainyday, I wasn't on about the actual table - I couldn't give a toss if it was yellow with green spots as long as it's covered with a nice tablecloth. It's what I can put on the table for the guests as a little gesture/reminder.

We bought some netting, campino(?) sweets, m&m's, almonds, and a few ribbons and made a small net of sweets "for everyone in the audience". Cannot remember the exact cost of these but would have been no more than about €30 for 200 nets. The only downside was the time that mrs joe1234 spent making up the nets.

Back