Grand Canal Park Castleknock

lfeary

Hi there
This is my first time using this site so hope i'm doing this correctly!:eek:
Just wondering if anyone has heard of this new housing development. My Mam heard it advertised on the radio but I can't seem to find anything on the internet about it.
Also someone else mentioned to me that there's a site you can check out to obtain information on planned developments. Anyone know it?
Cheers!
Lilo

Huge dev, has been discussed somewhere else in here.

Would love to know how they got a Dublin 15 address on it, it's behind Cabra/Navan road there on the east side of the canal and railway line between Ashtown and Broombridge stations.

The only entrance into the Royal Canal Park development is on the Rathoth Road just after Reillys Bridge. This would be just after Cabra and just before Finglas. So it should be Dublin 7 or Dublin 11. To call it Dublin 15 is just a developer ploy to get more interest.

I think there might be a road linking the other develpoments along side Royal Canal Park in the future, these are Earlswood and Rathborne. But even these developments are in the Dublin 7/11 area.

I saw the show apartments for this complex last weekend. The interior design was very impressive and on the day most of the apartments had been sold. There were also no apartments overlooking the canal left for sale. I thought there were quite spacious as apartments go and the layout was good. In the two bed, the main bathroom and the en-suite were both very generous and had a lovely walnut finish, there were also two storage presses which would be very handy for washing machines and ironing boards. The kitchens had no window in either show apartment which would be a draw back in my books. Overall, they were impressively designed and kitted out, the location is good- 3 miles from city centre but all these attributes were reflected in the price!

I think there might be a road linking the other develpoments along side Royal Canal Park in the future, these are Earlswood and Rathborne. But even these developments are in the Dublin 7/11 area.

Earlswood and Rathborne are definitely D15, at least as far as postal districts go. AFAIK however RCP is split between several postal districts, some units are D11, some are D7 and some D15. To my mind, D7 would be the most desireable of the lot, it conveys the image of Phibsboro/Navan Road, which are highly desireable areas.

Round Tuit said:
Huge dev, has been discussed somewhere else in here.

Would love to know how they got a Dublin 15 address on it, it's behind Cabra/Navan road there on the east side of the canal and railway line between Ashtown and Broombridge stations.

Martin Savage Estate (in between the Halfway House and Ashtown Station) has always been Dublin 15.

brodiebabe said:
Martin Savage Estate (in between the Halfway House and Ashtown Station) has always been Dublin 15.

That might give some credence for the Rathborne and maybe Earlswood postcodes, but it certainly doesn't explain the Royal Canal Park postcode.

Interesting re Martin Savage estate. I just find the whole dublin 15 thing entertaining. It must physically be the largest postal area in the greater dublin area at this stage encompassing ashtown, castleknock, laurel lodge, porterstown, carpenterstown, blanch, coolmine, clonsilla, ongar, clonee, corduff, mulhuddart . . . anywhere else?

Off topic though - I just don't think they should be pushing the D15 angle, if people don't know where it is it sounds farther out of town & I don't think D7 is a disadvantage for a new development, quite the opposite.

Round Tuit said:
Interesting re Martin Savage estate. I just find the whole dublin 15 thing entertaining. It must physically be the largest postal area in the greater dublin area at this stage encompassing ashtown, castleknock, laurel lodge, porterstown, carpenterstown, blanch, coolmine, clonsilla, ongar, clonee, corduff, mulhuddart . . . anywhere else?

Off topic though - I just don't think they should be pushing the D15 angle, if people don't know where it is it sounds farther out of town & I don't think D7 is a disadvantage for a new development, quite the opposite.

I have to agree with you there. I live in D7 and I love how central it is to everything. I pass all the traffic comming from the D15 area towards town every day.

Lauren
The entire place is the greater Blanchardstown area - particularly if something bad happens.

Each area I've listed would have it's own churches, school, shops etc (except maybe Ongar as it's so new). I find the entire place becomes Castleknock area if something good happens . . . or you want to ensure you've got your quota of halting sites or some such nimby thing.

I actual fact I've been told by an An Post employee that because there is a sorting office in Dublin 15 then no more than street name and Dublin 15 is required.

The unfortunate thing about all this snobbery is that when you're house hunting you can end up lost trying to find places with misleading addresses on them, or dismiss properties that might have suited you etc.

I'm with you...I wouldn't really have thought it as Castleknock....Its a nice development though and the finish on the apartments is good..They have a 'different' look to them that I quite like...They were just a little far away from where I wanted to be...but if I lived there, I wouldn't be ashamed to say Blanchardstown!

Back