Good value lawnmower in B&Q, Tallaght

Slash

B&Q Tallaght have a Mountfield HP470 with a Briggs & Stratton engine, 43 cm cut, for € 189.00. Excellent value. This is not an end-of-season sale price. They will have them throughout the winter, and if they have not one in stock, they should be able to tell you when the next shipment is coming in.

This Mountfield is not the Mountfield you know. It is a very cheap steel decked machine with a very cheap engine. Don't be suckered in by the brand name.
The price is reasonably fair but not a bargain. You could probably buy this machine for the same price from a dealer at the same price and get some backup in to the price.

So....what are you saying, Dipole? It's a fake..............like a Gucci T-Shirt?

I'm saying it is not an indestructible over-engineered Mountfield M4 from 25 years ago.
I'm saying it is manufactured down to a price with a little bit added on to the price for the goodwill that the public attaches to the brand name courtesy of the M4 memories from the times before cost accountants ran the business.

I can think of better lawnmowers for the price but the price still only buys a low-end machine.

Anything from Castel Garden.

Lawnmowers are really interesting really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back