GLS Couriers delivered my parcel to incorrect address and cannot locate it...

Sn@kebite

Hi,

I was sent an order from the UK via Parcel-Force and in Ireland their partner (Subsidiary?) is called GLS.

The issue is the courier has delivered it to the wrong address and the parcel was signed for and in my opinion a fictitious name was used although I cannot be sure.

This would make GLS responsible would it not? I did not give authorisation for it to be delivered to my neighbours/strangers.

Not sure what to do now. I was told by the driver what the house looks like and I knocked on the door but the occupant denies any parcel being delivered.

Any ideas or advice appreciated.

If GLS won't retrieve the parcel, ask them for an insurance claim form and submit a loss claim to them.

Get back to whoever you placed the order with, and tell them you have not received it. Don't even waste your time chasing GLS or trying to track down the parcel. You have a contract with the supplier. They have a contract with GLS.

Exactly, as Seagull says, your contract is with whoever you purchased the item with. They are responsible for resolving this issue. They need to contact GLS and locate the item, or send you another.

I've had a few similar issues with GLS in the past, once where a parcel was given to a builder working on a house up the street. As a result I avoid some shops that use their service and let them know why.

Exactly, as Seagull says, your contract is with whoever you purchased the item with. They are responsible for resolving this issue. They need to contact GLS and locate the item, or send you another.

I've had a few similar issues with GLS in the past, once where a parcel was given to a builder working on a house up the street. As a result I avoid some shops that use their service and let them know why.

ComReg the regulator has required that every operator has a code of practice including compensation for loss and damage. Try askcomreg.ie

Can you not raise a chargeback request with your credit-card provider claiming non- receipt of goods. That's not good news for the vendor but at least you'd get your money back and then the vendor and GLS can trash it out between them. Only way the vendor could defend the chargeback would be to prove that goods were delivered

No actually it doesn't if authorised.

Not sure what you mean there?

If you are referring to authorised postal service providers, as provided for under the liberalisation of the postal market in 2011, you should note that couriers are not considered postal services. All registered postal service providers are listed [broken link removed].

Listen I wrote half this stuff! I know express and document exchange are excluded...but where a service is in scope i.e. could be reasonably substituted same provisions apply.

Back