Glass Splashback Problem!

Sarah

I bought a glass splash back for my built in cooker but after measuring(yes..i know i should have done this first!) i realised it wont fit as it is too wide. Is there any way i could cut this down to size myself and if so how do i do this as there are holes in each of the four corners to allow me to screw it into the wall or can it be used as a splash back over a sink?? I dont want to take it back as i quite like it!
Thanks a mill.
P.S The measurements of the area around the cooker are 21 " by 32" and the splashback is 65 x 60cm

i presume its toughened glass .
if you even look at it crooked with any sort of tool in your hand, it will probable shatter into a million pieces.

As Eamon 66 has suggested it would be toughened glas. This glass is cut to size, drilled and bevelled as required before heat treating to toughen it. After toughening the glass cannot be worked, so unless you have another suitable use for it you may write it off as a waste.

Ok so thanks for that. I will probally use it for a splashback for the kitchen sink then.

Just a personal opinion Sarah, but I would'nt recommend using a glass splashback in the kitchen... after time alot of dirt and grime, steam etc.. goes up the back of the glass and then get very grotty at the back, and theres no way to clean them ...

Can you not just take it back off the wall and give it a clean that way??

Back