Getting rid of starlings

What kind of tiles /slates are on your roof, we had aproblem with starlings getting in under the curved part of our roman tiles and i purchased an item called a comb its one metre long and fits down under the tiles letting air in and keeping pests out.

Any good roofing contractor can

What kind of tiles /slates are on your roof, we had aproblem with starlings getting in under the curved part of our roman tiles and i purchased an item called a comb its one metre long and fits down under the tiles letting air in and keeping pests out.

Any good roofing contractor can supply and fit these very simple to fit.

hey,i wasnt offended
made me laugh
to think it was a poem.
im trying to encourage birds to build nests in the garden.
my 7 yr old son spent about 3 hours looking at the mooney
goes wild blue tits webcam.its quite a sensation apparently.
all the kids are mad for it.
the thing is we cant choose the ones that
decide to move in.
no starlings or crows need apply.

Not so much a poem

more like a rap song.:D

Invite all your Sicilian friends for a holiday - starlings are prized game-birds for din-dins, they net them.

prophetic words for 2006..
The writing was pretty much on the wall.

However, never did I imagine it would be this bad! (Of course, by 'Sellafield' I meant the banks.)

i always wonder about people going on about what they can do for the enviroment,energy saving lamps,recycling,not using chemicals in the garden,are these people really concerned with the enviroment or are they just paying lip service,do they just like to sound off about it.The population of wild birds worldwide is in decline,birds like sparrows which fifty years ago were considered to be in plague proportions are now only a small percentage of what they were,barn owls are endangered,species of wetland birds are now rarely seen,all this as a direct result of changes of habitat.People like to say they are concerned with the enviroment but when it causes inconvenience to them its no longer important.In the not so near future you will be able to tell the grandchildren how you saw a flock of sparrows or a flock of starlings in the wild because they will only know these things through specimens in a zoo.Is it so hard to let these beautiful creatures live in close proximity to us.or is it a case of not in my backyard.

I'm sorry to inform you all but you may Shoot them there starlings, their not protected nor are Jackdaws,Magpies,Jays,Wood pigeons,Black back gulls,Herring gull,Grey crow,Rooks,Bullfinches and even your house sparrows and at set time of year (Winter) Pheasants and Ducks. Will I arange a cull?
I'm sorry to resurrect such an old post here, but I just read the post above and want to inform people that All birds, nests, eggs and nestlings are fully protected under law in Ireland Wildlife Act (1976) as amended 2000 (until then the list of species above were not protected). Wilful destruction of an active nest (from the building stage until the chicks have fledged) is an offence, unless the nest is located in a building occupied by people (in which case, the nest is only protected when there are eggs or chicks present). If work is being undertaken on a building, and an active nest is found, a National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) Conservation Ranger should be contacted immediately for advice. Any further work that results in the destruction of the nest is therefore an offence.

Of course, you'd like to think that most people would respect a starlings nest, irrespective of the law :)

Back