Getting parking permit for Rathgar, Dublin: do I have to change my insurance address

animha

Hi, moving from Cork to Rathgar and know that insurance company will charge me a wad if I want to change my insurance from Cork to Dublin...to get a parking permit in Rathgar do I have to have my insurance cert specifying that address or would it do to have the tax cert there?

Aside from the parking permit issue, don't you need to inform the insurance company if you change address? If for example your car was stolen from Rathgar (your residence) and you claimed and it was then discovered that your address was no longer in Cork, I believe this would void your insurance...

animha said:
Hi, moving from Cork to Rathgar and know that insurance company will charge me a wad if I want to change my insurance from Cork to Dublin...to get a parking permit in Rathgar do I have to have my insurance cert specifying that address or would it do to have the tax cert there?

I had to do the same thing for Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown for parking permits. They wanted a copy of insurance certificate to prove that I lived where I said I did. Otherwise anyone could apply for permits in places they didn't live.

However, as pointed out, if you live and normally keep your car in Dublin, rather than Cork, you'll have to inform the insurance company, and cough up the extra money as well - currently, you wouldn't be considered as insured.

Yes you will have to change insurance - I did this & insurance didnt go up at all, so mayb you won't have an increase.

Back