George Lee's Boom-Discuss here

room305 said:
According to Bank of Ireland Private Banking, the Irish have invested €30 million (equity and borrowings) in commercial property both in Ireland and overseas, in the past 5 years. In contrast, Enterprise Ireland said last year that under its Seed and Venture Capital Programme, €133m had been invested in 75 companies since 2001. An Irish company has not floated on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange since 1999 and we have a handful of existing Nasdaq member firms compared with Israel’s 70 plus tally.:

In the quote above I think the amount invested in commercial property should be €30 billion and not €30 million. This puts the €133m invested in new companies by Enterprise Ireland into perspective.

Yes it should, I actually read it as €30 billion! In the summary it also gives the figure as billion. It means that in the past five years, the state funded enterprise investment programme, invested less than half a percent of the amount that Irish citizens invested in property during the same period.

EDIT: I edited the original comment to read "billion" rather than "million".

redo said:
I watched it last night. If we think the FTB are feeling under pressure to buy, imagine what the developers feel, when trying to sell their "Select", "Luxury", "Spacious" way of life. The FTB should not buy anymore. The developers are quaking in their boots.

Good point

Back