Fully fitted storage heater

Madra

Does anyone know a company/electrician that sells and fits new storage heaters (Dublin). The ESB used to offer this service but have discontinued. I'd prefer to be able to go to a shop and have them quote me a full installation of said heater. Note that the night rate metre is already in place but just want to replace a very old existing one.
Thanks

Don't overestimate of whats really involved and anyone with a drill and a screwdriver can remove the old one and put new brackets up, the electric work is no more than changing a plug, just three wires Live , neutral and earth. No sparky really nessesary provided all the wiring in good nick.
that info may be no good unless your going to diy or have a friend do it, but it
may prevent you being overcharged if you understand that its generally a very easy install

A storage heater should be on its own separate circuit and not an ordinary (e.g. socket) circuit. I'm sure that anybody with a little DIY experience could fit one but make sure that the electrical standards are adhered to. You don't want to burn your house down! I would have assumed that any electrician would fit a storage heater?

Totally agree, but don't underestimate the difference between a good electrical connection and a bad (high resistance) one. Bad (not incorrect) connections are the most common cause of domestic electrical fires.

What I'm saying is that it's one thing to know where the wires go, but another thing to know how to make a sound connection.

Back