FTB looking at Mullingar

Carpenter

Hi everyone,
My brother is a first time buyer and is looking at buying in Mullingar, where he has secured a permanent contract. He's looked at a property in a 10 year old estate named Ashfield. I've had a look at it and for the money (excess €200K) it looks reasonable, anybody familiar with the development? Thanks.

Carpenter

Ok, this purchase may not be going ahead now, does anyone have any recommendations on any new schemes starting in Mullingar with a price rang to suit the FTB? Thanks.

Hi. Try an estate called "The Royal Canal", consists of apartments and townhouses. I think Sherry Fitz are the selling agents.

Thanks Karrie 76, I'll be meeting my brother this evening to review the gameplan!

Carpenter

Look for smaller estates if possible. Around the area where the 'Royal Canal' is going up is always a good place to buy. However I would think if he could find an older property with maybe a little bit to do on it, he may get more for his money in the long run. Some of the older properties have a lot more surrounding area to them.

Some of the build qualities are better than others too so make sure he checks that out too.

Thanks, yeah I'm aware of huge variances in build quality alright- even between different houses in the same development.

Back