free to air skybox

Our cable has just been disconnected, we didn't want it, so now all we have is a recently purchased LCD TV - we did a new search for channels and get RTE1, RTE2 and TV3 in perfect quality! much to my surprise. It's DTV Air according to the TV, not analogue. We're now going to get a FTA box and dish - which is better Tesco or Lidl?

If you're on to a TV installer guy he can probably give you an old sky box if you're used to that format.

Does anyone know if you can use say a second hand sky box, in addition to a subscription one I have downstairs, to connect to the dish for an upstairs tv.
This would be to have free to air channels only on the second tv, while having the subscription ones from the main box. In other words can you connect a second box to the one dish?

Does anyone know if you can use say a second hand sky box, in addition to a subscription one I have downstairs, to connect to the dish for an upstairs tv.
This would be to have free to air channels only on the second tv, while having the subscription ones from the main box. In other words can you connect a second box to the one dish?

Yes of course you can. But you will need an LNB with at least two outputs. One cable to your subbed box and the other to your FTA box.

Thanks Sparkrite.
Will check this out.
Can you buy 2nd hand sky boxes anywhere in Dublin?

Back