Free Consultation - Project Manager

L

LouthMan

Hi Guys

I was looking at Purchasing a site. Spoke to a Project Manager who said he would offer a Free Consultation (I have it in writing). So he meet me twice and did up a few diagrams in word for the house, no price for the house build. Site fell through and he now wants me to pay a bill ! For what is would like to know but wants me to pay a bill. I haven't received it yet ! Has he a leg to stand on ?

Thanks

He offered a free consultation. But he met you twice. He also did some diagrams. So perhaps he is charging you for one meeting and the diagrams. Which would sound about right. I suppose you should see how much he charges and take it from there.

Has he a leg to stand on? Well I don't like to work for nothing.

mf

Mate

I work in Sales myself and spend a lot of time with people and then the decide to go or not and if not - Tough !

Free Consultation in my book - Is to meet up, do rough drawings and then Price. It should be then up to me to decide !
He didn't even give me a price

Anyone with Legal advice ?

Thanks
Oisin

Someone advised me recently never to do business with professional sales people. They claimed:

1. that sales people don't like to pay for anything because they're used to getting expenses and perks paid for by their employers.

2. that they tend to try to use their professional negotiation skills to try to stretch as far as possible terms previously agreed with service providers.

Obviously my source didn't know what they were talking about.

Hi MF1

I didn't mean to be rude - "Mate" figure of speech.

Worked in London for too long !

Thanks

Back