Ulster Former First Active now Ulster Bank Customer

Former FA customer here and have not got tracker back yet! Sent them numerous letters, emails and also rang a few times and still nothing!!!

same here. it looks like they are either leaving these until last or we are getting a dear john letter. Only hope is that it seems like the enforcement by the central bank is directed specifically at former FA mortgage customers.

Also it looks like anyone with arrears or repayment arrangements are being left till last which i think is a disgrace as these should be the first to be helped out.

No Milo, just getting the usual 60 day letters but nil else in terms of communication or action on the tracker issue.

Has anyone got any update on this? Rang operation centre today and surprise surprise no change for next months payment... Former FA customer.

Me.

I'm a FA now UB customer. I applied TWICE for a tracker while on a variable rate in 2008 - they lost my first application, so I sent another - a few months later as interest rates going up and up, I ran to my branch and got talked into signing up for a 5 year fix rate. Two days later I got the letter confirming my tracker -which I could easily afford- dated BEFORE I fixed the mortgage(!) Ran back to bank to cancel the fixed rate application and was told 'no can do'. But when I complained I got a reply basically promising me that I will revert to my tracker rate at the end of the fix rate in 2013.

I entered MARP in 2011; in May/June 2013 I got offered a 'sweetheart' reduced interest deal for 12 months - when it ended in 2014 I was put back on the fixed rate instead of the Tracker. This mistake was actually spotted by an UB staff member and took 8 months til January/February 2016 to fix it... I was retained on that fixed rate during this time. I was offered €500 compensation - which I accepted because I didn't think I would get more.

However I'm still waiting for my statement as I was on 39k arrears (approx) in January 2016; and two weeks ago I'm on 40k arrears... even tho I'm paying MORE into my mortgage and a €6k refund was issued!?

Question if a former FA customer who fixed for 2 years with the option of requesting a prevailing tracker at the end didn't request the tracker and rolled onto variable as it wasn't on the options sent out to you at the end of the fixed rate period and you didn't challenge it at the time, is any chance getting this tracker back now?

If it was meant to be an option

And it wasn't included in the options then of course you have a case

Did you contact P Kissane?

No they haven't. We are all waiting for CB inspection to be completed. They got all their info from UB but the letters that they should have received at the end of the fix rate were missing and they don't have a copy! I'm in the same boat but asked for it back and didn't get it and registered a complaint but they didn't do anything about it.

I asked for that letter too and surprise, they don't have it! Seems former FA customers being left till last by UB

Hopefully it will be soon, seems strange that these letters are missing, beginning to wonder if I got one at the time! Wonder what the CB will do if there missing.

I went to the data protection commissioner and they don't have to keep them as they are an automated letter.

Same Here. Im not FA customer.Noted from UB update last week that 1800 tracker customers restored

Originally I understood approx total number was 2000❓ . Getting more concerned and exasperated at reason for delay and why no update of any kind can be provided by UB after 18 months and 5 repeat update letters.

Has CB any role to force hand of Bank❓

I also noticed that 1800 had been restored. Which means that they should have no trouble getting the last 200 fixed up this month. Unless the number is larger than 2000 of course, which would be a real surprise.:(

Back