Ford Fiesta LX 1119CC M reg 1995 Problem

I

imjammin

Hi Guy's

I wonder if someone could be kind enough to help me. My girlfriend is just started to learn to drive and her dad got her a car which to be honest was a pile of rubbish. She has had a new engine installed because it has never run since she had it. When we collected it from the Garage it was fine sounded like a brand new car except the clutch pedal is really high. Can we get this adjusted so it's lower? at present you have to remove you foot off the floor to find the bite. This is only a minor problem compared to the other problem. When the engine is cold and hasn't moved for a few hours. When we start the engine it will turn over then it will cut out. If I push the accelerator it will automatically cut out again. We have to keep repeating this process of switching the engine on, cutting out then back on for around 7 - 9 time before it will start. Once started you again have to be gentle with the accelerator for a short period otherwise it will cut out. We installed all new Spark Plugs and 1 x Spark Plug Lead which we was told is faulty. Do you have any ideas on what the problem is and how much it will cost? I'm a Telephone Engineer so when it comes to engines I inly have basic knowledge I'm afraid. Many Thanks.

Back