Flying Ryanair with Kids

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
U

Unregistered

Hi

Will be travelling to Spain with Ryanair with two children and my hubby.

Have a few questions if anyone can help.

1. I want to bring my travel system (pram and car seat that attaches). Can I bring the car seat bit to the airport door or just the pram. Will they make me check in the car seat bit ?

2. I want to bring a small buggy for my 3 yr old. Can I also bring this to the door of the plane or is that facility for under 2's (non paying) only. The 3 yr old will have his own seat.

Thanks

Speaking from my own experience (mostly to/from France and Spain, sometimes direct, sometimes via Stansted...) - I don't think they'll stop you from bringing a normal pram/buggy - or even two of them - as far as the 'plane (sensibly enough, because depending on the airport it can be a 1500/2000m walk from the check-in area to the Ryanair gate...). Then you leave it/them folded up at the bottom of the boarding steps, and recover it/them likewise at the far side. If your car seat attachment isn't needed, they'll probably make you check it in through the oversize/delicate section - in which case, leave yourself plenty of time after check-in!

But - if you're travelling with two small kids on Ryanair, please, please spare yourself a lot of grief and (at least) double the amount of time you think it'll take you to navigate through check-in/transfer procedures. They board passengers with young kids first, but when you get off at the far side (and particularly if you've a 1500/2000m walk to baggage reclaim, and then have to check in all over again for a 'connecting' flight (Ryanair don't 'do' connections...!) - there's nothing worse than watching that new check-in deadline roll around while infant X suddenly decides to have a vomiting/screaming fit, or needs an urgent nappy change. Believe me, I've been there! :eek:

Oh - and stock up in advance on anything you might want/need during the flight (water/bottles/soothers/food/toys/colouring books, etc.). Don't rely on the inflight 'service' for anything... not even to warm a bottle! :rolleyes:

[P.S. When boarding, try to get seats near the front or the back of the plane - makes for a slightly quicker exit at the far end...]

Inflight service? Isn't that something people used to pay through the nose for years ago? :)

Back