flight socks

franmac

These socks are recommended for travelling on long flights and are available in Dunnes stores for 5 euros. the REAL ones cost about 18 euros.

Cant say I noticed any real benefit to wearing these, did a few long haul flights last year and the only way I could get to the other side was to walk up about 3 miles around the cabin and do all the funny stretching behind the toilets!

Won't any pair of socks do?

What is the supposed benefit of purpose-made "flight socks" anyway?

I was not promoting the use of flight socks .All i was doing was passing on an alternative to save money.
One supplier of the socks say::;
socks work by exerting a precise amount of pressure to areas of the leg through the use of elastication --
greater compression at the ankle, gradually reducing pressure up the lenght of the sock.

And what is this combination of compression and pressure supposed to achieve exactly?

I'm reminded of the guy I once saw on the late late show who swore that wearing brown paper insoles in the shoes eliminated jet lag. (Remember when people used to talk about jet lag?)

Should aren't we all in a permanent state of jetlag what with all the long hours working, the long commutes, the worrying and stress of paying mortgages , bills etc.......

Flight Socks are, as far as I am aware, supposed to reduce the risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis. A good explanation is given here

Imperator

I use flight socks on long haul flights. I have a pair of 'proper' Scholl ones and a cheap pair from Aldi, which is just as good. They make a huge difference. In my case, they prevent my legs and feet getting swollen and uncomfortable. I would strongly recommend them
cheers,
Diziet

Back