Flight refund - Medical Cert

Scoobydoobydoo

Hi All,

I have a group booking that I am trying to sort out with Air France (non transferable/non refundable ticket)....1 of the travelling party has just undergone chemo so they are no longer deemed fit to fly.
The best Air France are offering is a 1 year voucher in the name of the passenger.
Is this the best the passenger can expect to get? I cant see the passenger being in a position to use the voucher within a year!

We had to cancel flights with Ryanair too and they were faultless, full refund, no questions asked once they had the medical cert.

Thanks

What do the terms and conditions of the booking say about the customer cancelling for medical reasons?

Sounds like you were lucky with the Ryanair refund or their terms and conditions were different previously.

Ryanair may refund you the cost of your flight ticket in the form of a travel credit if you become ‘seriously ill’ and are therefore unable to travel.

Does the individual have travel insurance that might cover this incident?

Thanks Clubman, the T&C's mention non transferable/non refundable so it looks like they are out of luck. No insurance either.
I emailed the IAA to see if there is anything else that can be done.

Back