Flies, mice and rats: managment co say there is no money alocated to vermon control!

Re: Flies, mice and rats

Thanks guys, I have the plug ins the one i caught in the kitchen press actually wa getting in right beside it!!!
I thought that last year sm1 had a vermin problem and managment co sent sm1 down it was in here back. So i was away for weekend a when i came bk i asked around and sure enough she saw 1 rat and rang mang and they sent some1 down asap, but for some reason this time its diferentso now that i know i have them by the short and curlys.
The depo behind us is a council waste water depo. Have been onto them and he got onto envrn health but was told that because we are "managment run" they would only deal with it o thier side.
My neighbour typed up letters today to set up a residents comitty to deal with these type of problems as theres no active one at present. I been in touch with Gormleys office and if needs be il be knocking on his door as he just lives around the corner. The first thing we intend doing when a commity is set up is to demand an urgent meeting with tds.
Any idea who we would contact in DCC offices it needs to be a top person and i could say im getting onto joe duffy if its not sorted asap. I will be calling down to one of the directors later and telling her that because i know another neighbour garden was treated that mine will be too or in going to take leagle action. Lets face it if they were out her back you can be sure its would be sorted by now.
A guy from vermin control came out today to treat the " common" areas. My hubby had filled in a gap ot the back with compost were we had caugt most of them, WELL you should see the size of the hole they have dug its frightning its huge. So hen the guy was out the front today hubby asked him to have a look to confirm it isnt mice but rats and sure enough its rats. We have decking out the back that cost thousands it going to cost thousands to lift it and replace it with slabs cause the rats would be living under it. IM ragig i never too phots of al the rats i never thought of it!!!

Thanks again guys.

If they wont move the depot you will have to move,there will be rats and flies aas long as there is food for them.

Hi all, I had 2 envirn health inspectors down today. When i was talking to them i said i had man holes and the main drain out my back. We hadnt even thought thought about the drains before now. They think that the drains are not sealed properly and thats how the rats are getting in. They said i should insist that the managment co get them investigated and sorted. And for vermin contol to do a risk assesment. Which seemingly should have been done in the common areas instead of just putting traps down. I find it amazing that at least 10 units have been afected and the mangment dont seem to give a s***, all they care about is saving money but by doing that it will prob end up costing more becuse its just going to get worse. And i honestly cant see that if this had happened in the one of the directors back yard that it would have been sorted asap. And also the fact that back yards have been treated in the past.

I have decking out my back that all has to be lifted and replaced as its a haven for rats, i have been told that i can claim on the block policy. Anyone know if i can? Thanks

Tina4,

Its seems you are being bounced pillar to pole over who is going to be responsible for this. I hope those signed letters from the residence have an impact, If not, name and shame on the radio!

Ok if it is or not a common area it is affecting the whole development if a person was climbing in and out of gardens the company would do something about it. Have a meeting with your concerned neighbours and invite MA directors, enviromental health etc have it in a nutral place not your house if they turn up great if not propose having an independent vermin expert carry out a survey of the entire development and make reccomendations. If the Managment company are not willing to do this ask for a copy of the lease & memo & Arts and see how many shareholders are necessary to call an EGM . Take photos and keep receipts for the traps you bought start keeping a log and tell neighbours to do same of when you see vermin. You need as much evidence as possible to force their hand in this. Try and not seem emotional or unreasonable as the more you seem reasonable and like you have a plan the more unreasonable they will seem. You need to convince as many shareholders as possible that this is a real problem and will affect their ability to let / sell their property in the future i.e. it will hit them in the pocket. If your MA is still not helping (take note of all telephone calls e-mails etc) go to their manager, TD everybody.

Back