Laya Flex 500 Explore

PaddyBloggit

Hello snowyb,

I'm on Flex 500 Explore at the moment. It's up for renewal on and it's costing me €863.56

I'm single, no health issues and am happy with the excess at the moment. I'm based in Cork so the Cork hospitals would be the first call for me. There's a history of cardiac problems in my family so that cover would be a must.

I'm just wondering if there are any comparable plans out there that are cheaper? Or am I as well to stick with what I have? Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
PaddyBloggit,

The only alternative plan worth considering is VHI One Plan 500.
Details as follows;
1. One Plan 500; price 715pa; all public and private hospitals covered, + Beacon hi-tech hospital Dublin covered. Private excess 500 x 2 max
per year for all admissions and day case excess 150 per procedure.
NOTE; If you are at an age where hip or knee replacement surgery might be needed, this plan is not recommended as there is only 60% cover
in private hospitals.

[broken link removed]

An alternative plan worth keeping in mind for future reference, if you plan on reducing the 500 private excess, is as follows;

2. Laya Essential Health 300; price 895pa; all public, private and Beacon hospital covered. Full cardiac cover in all 3 Dublin hi-tech hospitals
with no excess to pay. Full orthopaedic cover ( hip and knee replacement surgery). Private hospital excess 300 x 2 max per year for all
private admissions and day case excess 125 per procedure. Private room fully covered in Mater Private Cork.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Back