Laya Flex 125 Explore

Chris banner

We are a family of 5
2 adults
3 teenage kids

We currently are on laya
Flex 125 Explore

We need to renew in march so was wondering is there anything out their with similar conditions that might be cheaper

I am not interested invthe dayvto day expense gp etc

Butcwant good hospital cover if we really need it, not worried about private room etc happy to be semi private

Kind regards
Chris

Hi Chris Banner,

Welcome to AAM. Adults option;
The plan you are on at the moment is over-priced for the level of cover, there is a very good alternative option to consider, details as follows;

1. Laya Simplicity Plan; price 1087pa; all public, private(including private room) and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, max excess 100 x 2 per year
for admissions to a private or hi-tech hospital, day case excess 50 per visit. No excess payable in any public hospital. Good day to day cover
included - first 100 not allowed.

[broken link removed]

Childrens alternatives;
Special offer for children whereby you pay for the first child and the rest of the children go free. This offer is available for the month of March. Details as follows;

1. Essential Connect Family; price 227pa(just pay 227 for the first child and the rest are free). All public and private hospitals covered.
Max excess per family 300 x 1 per year.

2. Simply Connect; price 259per child; all public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, 150 x 2 max excess per year, good day to day cover
max refund 300 per person per year.

3. Simplicity; price 256 per child; all public, private(including private room) and hi-tech hospitals covered, max excess 100 x 2 per year,
good day to day cover - first 100 not allowed.

[broken link removed]

There are good savings achievable, with better cover for the whole family.
Example; 1087 + 1087 + 227 = 2401pa.

Regards, Snowyb

Last edited:
got my renewal notice (€2,630 net up from about €1,800) for myself and my wife, are with Laya Explore 250 and the 2 boys (aged 12&8) with Laya explore 125, as it was cheaper for them to be on this plan that the 250 excess. Just wondering Snowyb what would you recommend,

our requirements are the following: cover in both private and public hospitals, need good cardiac cover, and ortho cover, not really that pushed by day to day outpatient cover, hence why we took the Explore 250, and happy to take on a reasonable excess. what I don't want if a big shock should we require any major procedures -knee/joints as we are both active and involved in sports so have had jobs done on our knee years ago. For the boys want to have some cover in case they need elective surgery, but appreciate that there are few hospitals that they would be covered in for non elective procedures,

what would you recommend, as our renewal is 1st March, so before I start looking at HIA website and reviewing the plans on offer.

cloughy,

There are a few alternatives worth considering for both adults and children to make savings.

Adults options;
1. Flex 175 Explore; price 953pa; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 175, only difference to your current plan is the excess.
2. Control 300 Create; price 972pa; public, private(including private room) and hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 300, very good day to day cover
included on this plan.
3. Essential Health 300; price 873pa; public, private and Beacon hospital covered, excess 300 x 2 max per year.
[broken link removed]

Childrens option; VHI half price offers from 1 March 2017.
1. One Plan Family; price 152per child; all public,private and hi-tech hospitals covered. Excess 125.
2. Parents and Kids Excess; price 157 per child; all public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered. Excess 75.
[broken link removed]

Laya special offer upto end of March 2017;
3. Essential Connect Family; price 227(just pay 227 for 1 child and the rest of the children are free) public, private and Beacon hospital covered.
Excess 300 max per year per family.[broken link removed]

Note; the adults can be with Laya while the two children can switch to VHI on their own if you want. VHI allow children to be insured without an
adult, an adult is named on the policy but just the children are insured.

Regards, Snowyb

Back