flatrate.ie What do AAMers think of this innovative site?

ajapale

What do AAMers think of this new innovative site [broken link removed] Flatrate.ie - Property reviews by renters for renters! by

In it's early stages I see.
However I think there are great merits to having a website like this. It will provide reliable first hand information to prospective tenants & owner occupiers hopefully.
A good suggestion also for the developers would be to consider setting a similar site up for commercial property - with a focus on office, retail and industrial facilities. I can really see this taking off.....

Looks like a good idea. Might require quite a bit of moderation to prevent rubbish being posted. Good luck with it. Will it always be a free site?

Cheers for the feedback!

As you can see it is still in early stages but I think it will really be useful to everyone buying and renting property!

I've set it up for moderation and the public can flag a post if they think it is offensive or wrong. When its flagged the comment is hidden until I get a chance to look at it and see if it is fair or not.

The site will always be free and open to the public, but I might need to add free registration should people start abusing the system. That being said my other site pumps.ie has been up for over a year and a bit with no registration with very few people messing it around!

Looks like it could develop into a good site if enough people find out about it and use it.

Good luck.

Looks like it could develop into a good site if enough people find out about it and use it.

Good luck.

Yep thats the issue! Getting the word out! Anyone here ever rented?! Feel free to add you reviews! The more we get the more useful it will be!

Just a couple of questions.

Would it be feasible to do the flip side of this - a 'nightmare tenants' blacklist section? - or would the legal ramifications be a bit severe? Also, what happens if some disgruntled tenant gives a property a bad review, and the landlord doesn't like it? - who's liable?

Are you planning on making money out of it at some stage? - or maybe sell to daft or something when you've built up a bit of steam.

Looks like a nicely presented site. Best of luck promoting it, before someone else gets on the scene.

The idea is to have this be able developments, not individual tennants of Landlords. I will be moderating comments to ensure no individual is identifiable. This isn't really meant as a grapevine for bad landlords, it is just to know which developments are good or not. It is very possible that any given development would have good and bad landlords.

The idea is that when someone is looking up a place on daft or myhome they will then pop over here to get an idea of people like it or not and if the rent is a fair price. I dont' think Daft would be interested in buying it as they make money from the landlords and so anything that the landlords don't like (like people saying their development is not nice to live in) would be bad for daft. I might pop some google ads on it later to cover costs if they go through the roof.

As for Liability there is a disclaimer on the review page saying the writter agrees to not break the law and we are not responsible.

Back