family portrait

emefox

we are looking to get a family portrait done and were wondering if any one knew of a photographer that would do a good black and white portrait a bit differebt from the ususal staged shots. preferable around the northside/central dublin.
thanks

i posted a thread about this a couple of weeks ago. was looking to have a family portrait done and ended up going with a crowd called imagestudio (they have a website, and are in the phonebook) they called to the house and took the pictures in the garden cos it was a nice day. the photos were very informal as we did not want the studio style ones.they also let you look at the photos there and then and you make your selection. I am still waiting for the finished goods but I am sure I will be happy with them as I have seen the photos already. They were far more reasonable than a studio session

emefox said:
we are looking to get a family portrait done and were wondering if any one knew of a photographer that would do a good black and white portrait a bit differebt from the ususal staged shots. preferable around the northside/central dublin.
thanks
Hi emefox
If you want professionals at a reasonable price try this company: www.davidlloydphotography.com
They use the latest tech in digital photography and are very reasonably priced. We got a family portrait in our own home with the kids laughing etc [very casual style, the photographers assistant got them laughing/relaxed, not your usual stiff looking portrait], the quality is excellent. They have a good range of frames too.
Regards
RPMac

There is a place that does this sort of thing who are located on the Clontarf Road, about halfway between the DART station and the Yacht pub. Don't know the name, but the displays in the window always looked fairly impressive to me.

Pixi-foto based in the mothercare other usually have good deals(especially St. Stephens Green). You can have a family portrait done instead, this is usually a cheap and affordable way to have them done, once you stick to just buying the photo(s) you want.

Personally, I feel you would have to pay big money to see any major difference ;)

Back