family health ins options

Cuba11

Our health insurance is up on the 28th feb.. myself and my husband and 2 children (4&5) are currently on Glo health NURTURE plan.. the irish life alternative is coming in at 2209 compared to 1980 last year.. the outpatient excess seems to be per person now rather then family... (i've posted separately about this) I called Irish Life yesterday to discuss and no one was available to talk to me and no one called me back as promised (very annoying)... is there any other alternatives that would be of similar cover but cheaper? we are generally a healthy family with no major issues bar my son, who has TYPE1 diabetes and is covered in the public children hospitals.. I'm thinking the Net more or most 500 may be a better option? or would happily split cover to get a better deal? Thanks in advance

Cuba11,

Welcome to AAM.
The outpatient excess is per person rather than per family. The only way around this is if you choose a plan with a 1 euro excess, which are usually
more expensive. The following plan with Laya, ticks all the boxes in that regard, worth considering even for the adults only;

1. Control 300 Create; price 972pa; all public, private(including private room) + 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 300 per
admission, good day to day cover 1 euro excess.
[broken link removed]

Laya Childrens Offer; Just pay for the 1st child and the rest of the children are free;
1. Essential Connect Family; price 227(for all children) all public, private and some hi-tech hospital covered.
[broken link removed]

Total family price; 972 + 972 + 227 = 2171 + 63( 3% charge if you pay by installments)
Total price; 2234pa

Alternative option with Irish Life as follows;

1. Net More 300; price 860pa; selected public and private hospitals covered, excess 300 per admission.
[broken link removed]

Childrens option; as before Nurture Plan price 160 per child;
Total family price; 860 + 860 + 160 + 160 = 2040

Alternative option with Laya as follows;
1. Essential Health 300; price 873pa; all public, private and Beacon hospital covered, hi-tech cardiac Blackrock Clinic + Mater Private covered.
[broken link removed]

Childrens option; Essential Connect Family price 227 for all children, see above.

Total family price; 873 + 873 + 227 = 1973 + 57(3% charge if you pay by installments)
Total price; 2030

Regards, Snowyb

Back