Eviction Ban is ending / tenant in situ scheme

Frank

After yesterdays announcement in Gov.

I had given notice on a property in Arklow start of Feb
Notice is just shy of 7 months, so 5 ish months left.

Tenant is HAP

Should tenant in situ scheme kick in as an option?
Are councils actually using it ?

Don't expect anything to happen fast.

If you are selling, plan to sell in the normal way & if they get their act together in time to buy your property well & good.

Thanks Danny

Thought as much.

TBH I am not in a great rush, current letting agent is looking after tenant and sale.
Have a good relationship with the letting agent over last 15 years
He is v happy with the tenant so going to try and find something suitable.

After yesterdays announcement in Gov.

I had given notice on a property in Arklow start of Feb
Notice is just shy of 7 months, so 5 ish months left.

Tenant is HAP

Should tenant in situ scheme kick in as an option?
Are councils actually using it ?
Would not rely on the council buying your property. More than likely the house has to have a certain ber rating, standard of fixtures and fittings and if the council already own a number of properties in the area they may not look at it.
Your tenant should find another place. If they say they can leave sooner then take it. You then have to wait until the final day of the move out date before you can put it up for sale!! This is what RTB told us as our tenant left before the move out date.

Never heard that about the move out date

That makes no sense.

Must do some research, the constantly moving goal posts is the big reason I am nearly out.

Which is why you don't ask RTB unnecessary questions.
Citizens information told me the same thing. If tenant had a notice to leave date by July and moved out in June I had to wait until the offical move out date in case the tenant moved back in.

Citizens information told me the same thing. If tenant had a notice to leave date by July and moved out in June I had to wait until the offical move out date in case the tenant moved back in.
Why should the tenant have an opportunity to move back in when they left on their own accord? That is really becoming ridiculous.

Back