Eurovision England In How

I agree with Ash, we ignored the brits most years but at least we gave them a few points tonight and Tel was as funny as every. Didnt watch it on RTE as the commentary on thursday night was dire. (Marty - please let it be Ireland , please plese let it be Ireland , jeez , give us a break) we will never win again nor will the brits, germans, swedes ( although they have a better chance) french, spanish etc. Sheer weight of numbers dictates that it will remain in 'eastern' europe for the forseeable future , unless some really outstanding song or group represent the one of the 'old block'. Still it was good to see Greece winning tonite, even as Wogan said , she had legs like a chicken.

Speaking of "My Lovely Horse" you'll recall that the reason it won was because RTE didn't want to win Eurovision again. Case of life imitating Art. Do you think the Profit RTE posted last week would have happened if we had the old way of selecting a song and then the misfortune of winning the thing.

I'll say this. Until You're A Star I always enjoyed the voting at Eurovision and hoped Ireland would win (even if I didn't like the song). But I hate "You're a Star" so much I now get pleasure from seeing how bad we do. The night of the Semi-Final was great. I was over the moon.

-Rd

if it was sponspred by carlsberg it would have probably been the best night ever. it was however a mastercard night. Priceless.

Back