Estate Agents False Advertising?

TheSphinx

There is a new house been released in a new devolopment in Dundalk this weekend. there was a 2 page spread in the local paper about the development. It said in the newspaper that the apartments and duplex had fireplaces, it said that the 2 bed apts had an en-suite and a private garden. I am just coming from the the EA he said the apartments don't have fireplaces, they don't have an en-suite and they don't have a private garden. Is this not called false advertising????????

Was the 2 page spread in the format of an article or an advert??
If an article, writer has poetic licence to embelish the feature.

Brochures can also be misleading.
Developer & EA can get way with it due to the little disclaimer in small print of the back.

It was in the form of an article. I am sure the editor couldn't possibly make the information up, it would have to come from the estate agent?

If it's in an article then I don't think that there's much that you can do about it.

You'd be amazed what estate agents get away with to generate interest & sell houses.

Newspapers & EA's have a nice cosy arrangement together w.r.t advertising so not at all surprised

I have a friend who is a solicitor who is going to look into it for me, the information provided is very misleading. When you ring the estate agent they don't seem to know what much either - maybe things will soon change where EA's will get there act together....

Have a look at www.asai.ie there have been complaints in the past, where people took issue with areas being described as quiet, 'a short stroll' away etc...some of these made the papers

In your case, however the houses still won't have fireplaces and the paper might just slip in a miniscule retraction

Back