ESB Bill

• Thread starter SteelBlue05
  • Start date
S

SteelBlue05

This has probably been address in some other thread but I couldnt find it. HAs anyone found their ESB bills shooting skywards over the last 3 months? And I dont think it is purely down to the winter months, I mean 60-80 euro higher than the biggest ESB bill I remember paying previously.

Yes I got a bill in January for €181, both present and past readings were actual. We partly put it down to the christmas holidays, at home with the lights on all day, oven on all the time, DIY tools in use a lot, couldn't line-dry clothes, plus my 15yo brother came to stay and would stay up til 4am playing playstation, on occasions would pause the game, go into the other room and watch a bit of tv, leave the tv on and go back to the PS2 leaving lights on in both rooms as well as in the kitchen where he stopped en route to get a beer (OUR beer!) from the fridge.

Last bill (estimated) was €139 and I didn't check the meter so I'm hoping it was over-estimated on the basis of the last one and that my next bill will be way lower.
Highest ever bill last year was around €100, but were always around the €80 mark

Last edited:
Yeah thats the same for me. Highest previously was around 100euro and the average was always 50-70euro.

Haven't updated it for my latest bill (€200) and the last spike was due to arrears after I forgot to pay one bill but here's my record for the past while. 3 bed, 80sqm, terraced townhouse, Nightsaver meter, Goldshield storage heating (charging at night all Winter, off in Summer), convection heaters rarely used, immersion always on night charge, not other major loads, dry lined insulation on most external walls, double glazing, high grade attic insulation.

Back