Envirophone won't return my phone.

TableEnd

I sent my iphone off to Envirophone. There was a crack on the screen so I guessed that they would reduce the 70 euro amount which was advertised on their website. they came back and said the phone had less GB then I had attempted to sell the phone for and they would give 0.00 for the phone. I rejected the offer and asked for my phone back, I recieved an email a week later:

[FONT=Lucida Sans,Lucida Sans Unicode,Lucida Grande,Verdana,sans-serif]Further to the recent sale of your Apple iPhone 4 8GB.

Due to the financial cost and environmental impact to return your phone we have now re-valued your phone to provide the original sale value of €0.00

The value has automatically been changed and you will receive a further email to confirm when your payment will be received.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Sans,Lucida Sans Unicode,Lucida Grande,Verdana,sans-serif]Thanks[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Sans,Lucida Sans Unicode,Lucida Grande,Verdana,sans-serif][/FONT]

I rejected this offer and then recieved this email
Thank you for your email,

I can also confirm that the model of phone that have you sent to us does not referred to the one stated on your sales order. So the value was revised to the correct make and model of phone.

Due to the financial cost and environmental impact to return your phone we have now re-valued your phone to the correct make and model of phone value of €0.00
As you were not aware of this process as a good will gesture we would like to make an additional, payment to you for the amount of £30 so as to make it up to the original price for you.

I said no thanks again and could I just have my phone back... they rang today and offered me 5 euro??

Where do i stand, the phone was working fine with a hairline crack across the screen. I know of two people who will pay 80 euro for it so I am loosing out...

Any advise?

[FONT=Lucida Sans,Lucida Sans Unicode,Lucida Grande,Verdana,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Lucida Sans,Lucida Sans Unicode,Lucida Grande,Verdana,sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Sounds like they are in breech of their own T&Cs so. Perhaps ask them to clarify under what terms they are refusing the return the phone.

The European Consumer Centre should be able to assist also.

I can confirm that we are unable to return your phone as the system auto accept the price given for the correct make and model of phone. Which means that your phone has been passed on for reuse.

Please contact our customer service team on 1800 550 112 so that we can make payment to you for €36.12 for your phone . Our opening hours are Mon-Thurs 8.30am-5pm Friday 8.30am -4pm.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks

Their latest response . Where do I go from here?

I've dealt with these guys three or four times since they launched ... all experiences have been good.

Fingers crossed, my next experience (which will be in the next 60 days) will be much the same.

Obviously, I'll report back....

Keep playing hard ball. Their T&Cs clearly state the transaction won't be finalised until you accept their offer. If they're now saying they've already passed your phone on, they are in breach of those terms.

Back