English Usage: which is correct ......Non applicable or Not applicable?

B

Burns33

Hi

I have just been asked by a colleague doing a survey here in frankfurt which is correct ......Non applicable or Not applicable ???

I am under the impression it is the first one...which one is correct ?

thanks
Kev

Re: English ??????

English ??????

Please read posting guidline 2 -

2. Please make the heading of your question relevant Don't post a general heading such as "help !" or "Mortgage query". If you post a heading such as "Mortgage for separated couple", it will get a better response and will be much easier to find if you need to go back to look for it.

Re: English ??????

Please read posting guidline 2 -

2. Please make the heading of your question relevant Don't post a general heading such as "help !" or "Mortgage query". If you post a heading such as "Mortgage for separated couple", it will get a better response and will be much easier to find if you need to go back to look for it.

Thanks Havealaugh,

I have edited the title to make it more meaningful.

aj

I believe 'Non applicable' would mean 'cannot be applied for' in that the act of applying (ie. for a job) can't be done and makes no sense in the context of a form where the questioner wants a Y, N or N/A answer.

The plain English people would suggest that the author of the form would put 'does not apply' to make it very clear and easier to read.

Back