Engineers fees to survey a second hand house?

Rebelette

Am in the process of buying a seconf hand house and would like an idea of how much I should expect to pay for an engineers report? I know there are other threads relating to this, but I am looking for an up to date price.
Thanks.

I used Pat McGovern and Associates for structural survey and very happy with the report.

[broken link removed]

I used Pat McGovern and Associates also and was delighted with the service. We called them a couple of times after we'd received their report to ask their advise and they where always very helpful and pleasant to deal with. I actually go so far as to say they went out of their way to help us. Unfortunately we didn't get the same level of service from other areas - solicitor and EA.

does anyone know of a good surveyor in the clare/limk area - basically someone who will tell us what is wroong with the house and give an estimate of cost to fix

niall - have a look at the search option on myhome.ie - you can search by county for experts, surveyors included.

rebelette - paid 375 euro in Jan 06. I used www.propertyhealthcheck.ie and found them very good, very helpful. Based in Dublin but will travel to surrounding counties.

Back