Engagement rings and diamonds in Antwerp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is my first post and new posters recommending services is a bit strange

It is indeed strange. Especially when the same service has been already recommended by a number of new arrivals recently, as well as by a few long-term contributors.

It is indeed strange. Especially when the same service has been already recommended by a number of new arrivals recently, as well as by a few long-term contributors.

Which is why I explained my contribution.I have purchased recently from that individual and don't see why you have an issue with that. As you say, many people have recommended the service. Nobody seems to have a bad word to say. The only reason I said that was because I saw crazy positive posts in the Brendan Investments thread. I've seen strange posts which were anti-Antwerp and you are questioning me for describing my positive experience? Perhaps you have a vested interest? Because from what I've read in this thread, and my own experience, opposition to buying jewellery abroad is illogical.

I... don't see why you have an issue with that. ..You are questioning me for describing my positive experience

I don't have an issue with you or your purchase. Neither did I question you.

I merely agreed with your own observation that your post sounded a bit strange.

I don't have an issue with you or your purchase. Neither did I question you.

I merely agreed with your own observation that your post sounded a bit strange.

I'm not sure I understand your need to comment then. I have been an avid observer of this thread in which a particular service has been recommended pretty much universally until the recent contributions of one individual. I too have a positive experience to relay, but I realise from other threads I've read that first time posters generally get attacked for having vested interests or actually being the person the topic is about, or related to. I point this out, and explain my thinking yet still you feel the need to make a completely unconstructive comment. Perhaps someone with as many posts as yourself should consider being less hostile and more welcoming? The thread is about purchasing diamonds/engagement rings in Antwerp. I have constructive comments to make which I hope will help other people. You apparently do not so maybe you should have a read of the "posting guidelines". I have.

just back from antwerp, bought from harold phillipe, spent the same money i was planning on spending in ireland but got a much better deal with a bigger stone, id have paid between 1k-1.5k more in ireland, il know for def when i get it valued,worth the trip however didnt get the 20% discount on the tax as others got

excited said...
"I think you should get off this thread Mrgtbad as you are coming across as a jealous pessimist with no experience of Antwerp and have nothing useful to contribute to this forum."

hi excited.
dont bully people.
i gave good reasons not to travel.thats all.no one likes a bully.

I bought recently in Antwerp from Katz, but I can recommend Phillipe-Harold and Maurice at Diamondland. It was a hard decision.
We bought color over cut, where we chose an E with good cut over an F with excellent cut. Many prefer it the other way around, but hey I'm not the boss!

I would recommend anybody who buys to look at www.bluenile.com to find out if the price of what you're being offered is reasonable. It's a good base-line.

excited said...
"I think you should get off this thread Mrgtbad as you are coming across as a jealous pessimist with no experience of Antwerp and have nothing useful to contribute to this forum."

hi excited.
dont bully people.
i gave good reasons not to travel.thats all.no one likes a bully.

Oh yeah, just to reinforce the point to others.
This guy, Mrgtbad, is obviously somebody with an interest in the Irish engagement ring business. His utterings are self-serving drivel. Ignore him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back