Wrong forum Eircom bill possible overcharge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treefrog2108

Hi all.

On december 21 because of a huge phone bill I had eircom stop the outgoing calls on my phone.

we kept incoming calls and the internet line.

Today I recieved a bill for 179 euro's and billed untill april,.(we have switched to another provider.)
I think this is crazy.

I have been charged 54 euro for a talktime package (make cheaper calls off peak)which how could I use if we cant make outgoing calls? so from decemer to feb and now till april although we cant make outgoing calls we are being charged for a package which is designed for out going calls

surely it was taken for granted that this was not needed if we cant infact make calls?

also under SERVICE AND CONNECTION CHARGES

I have been charged 20 euros as a SERVICE charge to have the outgoing calls barred. A charge for that>? and 8 euros every month till april to continue to have the outgoing calls stopped??

I expected a bill of 50 euro for the internet (thats another rant all together) and maybe 20 for the line,but nothing else cause we dont make calls.

First is there anyone else thinks this is crazy>?
and second is there some org I can complain too about this .
Im sure eircom are going to say its all in the small print but I think im being taken for a ride.

I appreciate any comments.

Firstly I would clarify with Eircom the breakdown of the bill as they may see an error and reimburse you.
You say you have switched provider so you should be due a refund from switching day to day in April you say you have paid until.
Comreg are the area responsible for complaints in this area but I think you have to have make a complaint to the company in question - in this case Eircom - first.

I took me 4 months to get a refund and put on the right call package. The staff were extremely rude and even bordered on shouting at me. I compalined to superviser who was to sort the problem but even he didn't do it. Eventually I got a nice woman who sorted the whole mess for me.

If I was you I would ring and make a compalint. If it is not acted upon write to Comreg

State that when you asked for outgoing calls to be barred you should at that point have been taken off the call package, that's their fault not yours.

thank you for the replies.

I have also had a trouble with their customer care a while back. I was paying 60 euro every 2 months for an internet connection which new customers were paying only 50. After being on a subscription contract for a year and well over it I called and asked could I have my bill updated to their new prices and was told bluntly,actually quite rudely,No you cant do that.and the phone was hung up,no thanks for the call or goodbye.

I rang back 10 minutes later with the intenton of cancelling my internet and signing up for the new one on the spot,but when they answered the phone I first asked who I was speaking too,and the whole manner changed,he was very helpfull and changed my price without a fuss.

I will call them tomorrow and see what they have to say.

thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back