EBS Mortgage Self Build

Jolly Man

Just getting organised with our mortgage and are very new to the whole process, we are commencing a self build project and are getting the self build mortgage from EBS, they are offering 4.9% fixed for five years or the variable at 5% what is the better option to go with? Also they have thrown in lots of other forms to fill in, such as payment protection and illness cover and insurance would we be better off shopping around for these items and just sign uo for the mortgage with EBS? Thanks for the help.

There are quite a few companies now offering mortagages for the self-builder so I'd imagine they would also be offering these products - have a look at:

Hi Jollyman

I am in the same boat starting to look at mortgage options for selfbuild. Did the EBS offer any other options other thatn the ones You mentioned such as Tracker rates etc.

I f anyone else has experience of recently organising selfbuild mortgage a run down on options available would be very much appreciated as it is quite difficult to get and dont want to go with a broker/company

Back