Early Retirement Plan

I could be wrong here but is there not something about your entitlement to social welfare been based on the previous tax year
So you might get it for the first year but when you apply for the second year questions will be asked about the six months you were in France
and how you are able to afford that.
The SW is there to help people who have fallen on hard times it's not there to supplement peoples lifestyles even though it is abused by many both living and deceased ;)
And then there's the simple fact that you may be unemployed but you have an income of €18k presumably from an ARF type thingy which will probably disqualify you from any means tested SW payment
Also just thinking you might not be entitled to two full payments of €208 but rather one full and a qualified adult which would total €346
In relation to the 18k ARF withdrawal, whats to stop someone who has savings(within means test limits), only drawing down say 10k a year from the ARF, and therefore qualifying for a means tested Job Seekers Allowance ?

In relation to the 18k ARF withdrawal, whats to stop someone who has savings(within means test limits), only drawing down say 10k a year from the ARF, and therefore qualifying for a means tested Job Seekers Allowance ?
The minimum drawdown from the ARF is 4% pa up to age 71.
But even for JBA, the requirement to be available for work still applies under age 62.

I think the real question here is if you have an ARF can you claim a Jobseekers payment??

The one and only question I was looking to get answered was

If I move to France for 6 months am I entitled to claim Jobseekers when I return while I look for a job,

I may get one immediately or I may find it difficult, therefore I need assistance in the meantime and after I get job, I will then work for 6 months and go and do the same again If I can.

There's nothing illegal in this, I don't need advice on surviving with my income, nothing to do with my pension, nothing to do with lifestyle.

If somebody tells me that it is illegal or Social will not allow you to claim after you return to "look for work" then I will find another way to retire earlier than 66

The one and only question I was looking to get answered was

If I move to France for 6 months am I entitled to claim Jobseekers when I return while I look for a job,

I may get one immediately or I may find it difficult, therefore I need assistance in the meantime and after I get job, I will then work for 6 months and go and do the same again If I can.

There's nothing illegal in this, I don't need advice on surviving with my income, nothing to do with my pension, nothing to do with lifestyle.

If somebody tells me that it is illegal or Social will not allow you to claim after you return to "look for work" then I will find another way to retire earlier than 66
Assuming you are seeking to claim JSA, this is means tested. And since you have full access to the ARF (€100,000 or €75,000) you may not satisfy the means test.

That makes sense, they could stop me claiming based on my pension, ARF's.
I think I need to visit my local Office and throw some questions at them, inc the ARF's and entitlement to "holiday" for 6 months.

Thanks to everyone that replied, sorry to be confusing at times.

Back