Dublin Bus LEAP card - no ticket or receipt issued

It should have been a tag on and tag off system from day one but this is Ireland. I have been under and overcharged on occasion.

As an early adopter of the Luas card, a frequent user of the system and having a wallet-load of travel cards from other cities to compare it with, I have not found many problems using the Leap card. I had no issue with the account set up, despite using Firefox so I a surprised to find out there is an issue there. The system on Dublin buses is the most problematic. Without a second set of doors on the bus, tag-on/tag-off becomes more inconvenient to implement also they seemed to feel the need to mirror the existing fare structure. However, I've not had any issues with it (in fact I am more likely to have an issue because I forget to tag-off at a Luas stop.) The system undoubtedly needs an overhaul to modernise the bus experience but otherwise I think it money well spent!

I read once that integrated ticketing for Dublin was first proposed in 1904, if it needed a kickstart it was way overdue!

I was just about to post the link to that Independent article. Further proof, if any was needed, that when it comes to Dublin Bus you need to protect yourself. From now on, everyone should ask for receipt when paying.

She turned down €7,500 -that was brave. Fair play to her. A receipt would not have helped as the driver was over jealous thinking he was doing his job right and yet was completely wrong.

Back