Drug Driving: small quantity of spamspamspam in car, failed blood test, court appearance.

Re: Drug Driving: small quantity of spamspamspam in car, failed blood test, court appeara

Thanks Caveat - will go over to other thread rather than drag this one off topic.

OP - given the discussion that has taken place here, I would be advising the brother to speak to his solicitor on the grounds that he wasnt 'under the influence' at the time (if he wasnt).

Re: Drug Driving: small quantity of spamspamspam in car, failed blood test, court appeara

How much passive smoking is needed to show up as a trace? I've been at concerts where other people were smoking nearby.When you're crammed in like sardines, there's not much you can do to avoid breathing in the fumes.

You are all forgetting that the Guard has to "form the opinion" that the driver has consumed an intoxicant to such an extent to render him incapabale of controlling the car i.e. some reason to suspect the driver is under the influence - its only on carrying out a test which will confirm the presence of the intoxicant - when going to court the Guard will prove the presence of the intoxicant as well as how he formed the opinion that the driver was under the influence.

Apologies if I have this all wrong, but to the OP:

Was your brother charged with posession of spamspamspam (as you stated in the title of your post) or was he charged because they found traces of it still in his system?

Surely the charge of "possession" would be more severely dealt with than if he was being charged with being under the influence?

Re: Caught with a small quantity of spamspamspam in car, failed blood test, court appeara

I do hope you or your loved ones don't meet someone spaced out at the wheel of a car. Perhaps the lesson will do him and the motoring public some good!

Re: Caught with a small quantity of spamspamspam in car, failed blood test, court appeara

I do hope you or your loved ones don't meet someone spaced out at the wheel of a car. Perhaps the lesson will do him and the motoring public some good!

Who are you adressing this to?

Why did the guard search the car in the first place? Surely he/she needs a reason to search the car.

Back